Monday, September 3, 2012

The wait is almost over.

Friday is the first of the two big days. It is surreal that it is almost here. I have put all of the finishing touches on my prep and now all I can do is wait for the gun to sound Friday morning at 5AM.

Luke came over for dinner last night and we tied the bow on all last minute details. Luke is dialed and ready and I see a good day for him. He is as strong as I have ever seen him and all of his hard work will pay off.

I know that I have what it will take to get to the finish line. I have put in the work and the homework and have mentally prepared for both good and bad. The bottom line for me is that I am not the same person that I was in February when all of this became official. I have learned so much about running, mountains, gear, nutrition, technique and more. I have learned that trail running and road running are two different sports. I have learned the most about me! I have learned that far too often we limit ourselves on what we think is or is not possible. There was a couple of moments this year that during a long run I have doubted myself and this process but in each and every case I have learned to overcome. The ability to overcome is one of the greatest learnings of my life.

Now it is time to go put the icing on the cake that has been this year. A FINISH!

You can track me throughout the race at www.wasatch100.com I will be wearing bib # 75. Thank you for all of the love and support I have recieved all year long.

The runners prayer, "Lord you pick em' up and I'll put em' down"

2 comments:

  1. The hay is in the barn. Now you kick ass. I'll be following you. Very best of luck to you and Luke. /jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you I can't stand it. You have got this thing. I am so proud of you and love you for all you are and all you have already accomplished - the rest is just icing on the cake. You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete