Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Welcome.

We have many friends and family that have flooded us with support after learning our fates as entrants into the Wasatch 100. We have been amazed and excited to receive such support. One of the main things that is said is "keep us posted." We know of no better way to do this than through a blog format.

The title of this blog is two fold. Revelation speaks to the apostolic theme of Mark and Luke, our two favorites. More importantly the revelation that we have both had while on the trail. We both feel that this was "made for us." Cheesy to be sure but it is what it is. The second part of the name speaks to elevation. We will be climbing and descending close to 27,000 feet both ways. Up and Down! Plus I love the word elevation. I think it speaks to rising up.

Erik Weihenmayer was the first blind person to summit Everest. He is an incredible inspiration to me and once said, “A lot of people say that they summit the mountain for
the view. The beautiful view but I just think, and I may be biased, but I think
it is hogwash I think it’s a complete lie! You don’t suffer for twenty days or
a month to see a view. A lot of times you are just looking into a sea of clouds
anyway. I think a summit is not a place on a mountain at all. A summit to
me is a symbol. It’s a symbol that with the force of our minds, our
bodies, our souls and with the power of these two small hands that we can transform
our lives into something miraculous!”

It is our hope to do something miraculous!

This blog will include training plans, re-caps of training runs, product reviews, race reviews and much much more. I imagine that it will be cheesy at points and serve somewhat therapeutic.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment