Sunday, June 14, 2015

Searching for Redemption - Mark

A week away from redemption at the BigHorn. This is not a difficult race. It just has been difficult for me. 
Year one was a great day. I felt good most of the time. I took pictures, chilled, had fun, got caught up in it all and missed the cut-off. Year two, I didn't feel too bad other than I had some intestinal issues early. I pushed as hard as I could but again, I missed cut-off! Both times at mile 35 and within minutes. The ride back from Dry Fork has been long!

This year I feel stronger, lighter and most importantly, more determined! I leave on Wednesday to head back up the long road to Sheridan. It is a fun and great trip! Beautiful! The BigHorns are special!! I am excited.

I have a few tweaks to the approach this year. Rule # 1 is keep eating!! Rule # 2 is smile and focus on the good. Rule # 3 is DGUB! (Don't give up boy)

I will be shooting for the Foot Bridge aid station in 3 1/2 hours. That is really quick but I feel like it is doable. I will manage the wall and pace to Dry Fork. One I get through Dry Fork I plan to jump up and down and ride the momentum and adrenaline to the finish. 

I will be wearing bib number 669. Anything with a nine in it is good luck for me. 9 is my favorite number. The way I see it is that those sixes represent my upside down attempts at BigHorn. The 9 will represent my finish this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment